Sony’s popular PXW-FS7 and PXW-FS7 II XDCAM camcorders are now further optimised for news gathering thanks to a new ENG-style build-up kit and a new B4 lens to E mount adapter. The build-up kit, CBK-FS7BK, enables extended shoulder mount usage, making the camcorders ideal for news production, interviews, documentaries, and reality television shooting. Combined with the new lens mount adapter, LA-EB1, both E mount and B4 lens assets can be used on either the FS7 or FS7 II, allowing users to capture images with deep and shallow deep of field (DoF) – all with a single camera.
The CBK-FS7BK build-up kit and LA-EB1 mount adapter will be shown for the first time during NAB at Sony’s Booth #C11001.
The CBK-FS7BK build-up kit includes: an extension unit with a wireless audio receiver slot and built-in network capability, providing advanced network operation for broadcast usage; a viewfinder and a cheese plate with enhanced robustness; and an adjustable shoulder plate designed to achieve optimal weight balance. Streaming and file transfers are possible via wireless LAN or 4G/LTE connection. QoS performance streaming is provided through the camcorder’s Dual Link connection, allowing multiplexing of two cellular networks.
With the new LA-EB1 mount adapter, B4 lens can be attached to both the FS7 and FS7 II camcorders. The inclusion of B4 lens allows users to shoot deep DoF with the high zoom ratio necessary for traditional news production.
The CBK-FS7BK or FS7 extension unit XDCA-FS7, compatible with the B4 mount’s communication interface, provides power through its DC supply and allows users to record directly with the lens REC button. Further, information such as iris and focus is displayed on the viewfinder of the camera and recorded as metadata, which streamlines post-production efforts. The adapter also works as a hub for the power zoom of the lens, enabling one-hand operation via the servo zoom.
Other highlights of the CBK-FS7BK build-up kit and LA-EB1 mount adapter include:
- Various interface support including genlock/timecode for multi-camera operation and RAW output
- Compatible with Sony BP-GL and BP-FL series batteries
- Newly designed shoulder plate with an extended slide mechanism, allowing users to find the optimum weight balance with their choice of lens
- ENG-style LCD viewfinder included
- Exchange lenses on-site with no tools required
- Image circle is expanded to 13.5mm by magnifying the optical system. F-stop can be as small as 0.6, which can capture bright images
- ALAC (Auto Lens Aberration Compensation) decreases chromatic aberration caused by the lens
The ENG-style build-up kit and mount adapter for FS7 and FS7 II will be available in December 2019.
The post SONY UPGRADES FS7S WITH ENG-STYLE BUILD-UP KIT AND B4 LENS TO E MOUNT ADAPTER appeared first on Video & Filmmaker magazine.